Relocating to Edmonton
Moving to a new city can often be a very stressful and emotional experience. Your leaving everything that you’ve know behind and that change can be a bit daunting. But on the other side, it can be an amazing and exciting experience. A new beginning!!
Edmonton is an amazing place to live that’s full of culture, sporting and recreational activities, and nature. In fact, our river valley is considered one of the largest urban parks in North America. It’s 22 times larger than New York’s Central Park!
Whether you’re moving to Edmonton from across Canada, or from across the ocean, I am here to help make your move as smooth and stress-free as possible. It would be my pleasure to show you around Edmonton and give you a tour of neighbourhoods, along with providing you with valuable information about the Edmonton Real Estate market, house prices.
Having lived in this beautiful northern Alberta city for over 37 years, I know that Edmonton is a great place to call home, and I’d be happy to help you settle down here.
Transferring to Edmonton For Work?
Are you moving to Edmonton for work, or being relocated by your company? Then you will need a REALTOR® who knows the city and can help you find your new home in the right neighbourhood that fits you and your family’s lifestyle. I am here to help you get your new life started on the right track.
- Search homes in Edmonton: Use this search to browse all the Single Family Homes, Dulpexes, Condominiums, Townhomes in the city of Edmonton.
- Search homes in the surrounding areas: Use this search to browse all the Single Family Homes, Dulpexes, Condominiums, Townhomes in the surrounding communities.
- Register to receive new listing updates and let your dream home come to you! By becoming a member, you can also create saved searches, collect their favourites and have instant email alerts when new homes that fit their criteria come on the market.
- Sign up with the Home Finder: Let me set up your search for you based on your search criteria. I'll do all the leg work, and you just enjoy the homes that meet your criteria.
Important Things to Know Before Buying a Home in Edmonton
- Different Market - Different Process: It’s important to remember that different markets in Canada complete real estate transactions differently. I’m here to answer all your questions and to help guide you with the purchase of your new home in the Edmonton market.
- Look into the Neighbourhoods: Do a little bit of research on the neighbourhoods before moving to Edmonton. Find out how far away from work it is. How much of a commute will you have? What are the local amenities, and recreational facilities?
- Look into the Schools: Do a bit of school research before moving to Edmonton. Ensure that the local school in your preferred neighbourhood is not at capacity and can accommodate your child? If it is, then how far of a commute is it to the next school if you take them or if they travel by bus?
- You May Need a Bank Draft for Your Down Payment: Most real estate brokerages in Edmonton are requiring a Bank Draft or Certified Cheque for transactions closing within 30 days from the initial offer. If your bank is not located in Edmonton, then you may need to make arrangements with your lender to provide you with a method of down payment.
- Know the Closing Costs: Closing costs in Edmonton might be different from what you are used to. I can help provide you with local real estate lawyers that can help you and answer all your questions.
Find Out More
- Getting Around Edmonton
- Edmonton Attractions
- Edmonton Catholic Schools
- Edmonton Public Schools
- Edmonton Post-Secondary Schools
- Moving Out of Edmonton
Resources For Buyers
- Edmonton Mortgage Brokers
- Edmonton Real Estate Lawyers
- Edmonton Home Inspectors